Guided bike tour on the eastern border is a great way to learn about Finnish nature and culture. The route follows forest roads and the asphalt through the taiga forests, wilderness lake shores and tiny villages. Wild nature, fresh summer of Finland, cultural sites in the border region and the warm hospitality of the people of the eastern border are the experiences never to be forgotten.
Day trips are always less than 50 km / day, so the cyclists with moderate physical condition are able to ride the route quite easily. Luggage will be transported by car always to the next accommodation. Accommodation varies from lakeside cabins to small town hotels. During the trip, breaks will be held in beautiful locations. During the tour you can explore the rich Eastern Finnish food culture, taste fresh water straight from the pond or catch fish and cook it by an open fire. Sauna, swimming in the lake and midnight sun is a pure Finnish experience.
Facts of the trip:
• Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
• Availability: 22.6.–30.6., 13.7.–21.7., 3.-11.8., 17.-25.8.2014
• Location: Kuhmo and Suomussalmi (Finland)
• Duration: 9 days
• Number of participants: minimum 2 persons
• Languages : English, Finnish, Swedish, (Russia at an additional cost of 175 € / day / group)
• Level: Intermediate
• Price: 1290 € / person
• Price includes: guide services, breakfast, lunch, dinner, accommodation, sauna every evening, transportation from the airport to Kuhmo from Kajaani and at the end from Suomussalmi to Kajaani, luggage transportation during the tour.
• By an extra charge: bicycle and helmet 99 € (trekking bike, 3-7 speed), bear watching trip 180 €